Looking Stylish while Pregnant
Gaining pregnancy weight does not usually help you to feel good about your body. It makes it even worse when you realize none of the clothes in your closet fit. Many pregnant women give up style and fashion during their nine months of pregnancy because they feel it is too difficult. However, over the past few years, the clothing industry has put greater effort into designing and selling more stylish maternity clothes. With a few tips, you should be able to feel better about what you are wearing, which will help you feel happier about your pregnant body.
- Wear color. Yes, black is slimming, but try wearing color instead. Wear bright, happy patterns. Flaunt that baby bump!
- Stay away from baggy clothes. If you add more bulk to your clothing, you'll also add more bulk to your appearance—which may make you look like you just put on some extra pounds from eating too much ice cream. Wear sweaters and shirts that stretch over your stomach. You don't have to stick with big, old t-shirts.
- Keep your style. Do you like wearing boot-cut jeans? Then keep wearing boot-cut jeans! Do you like wearing dresses every day? Then continue wearing dresses every day. Don't feel like you need to give up your personal style just because your body is changing.
- Search the clearance racks. A big reason that many women wear over-sized clothes rather than maternity clothes is because of their budget. However, you should be able to find some clothes that aren't too expensive. Try looking through the clearance racks or at clearance maternity clothes online. Look at your local thrift stores. Ask your friends and family if they have any maternity clothes that you can borrow while you're pregnant.
- Don't let go of your normal routine. You will feel (and look) more stylish while you are pregnant if you stick to your normal hair and makeup routines. Go ahead and put on some mascara and some hairspray. However, don't sacrifice your comfort too much—don't feel like you need to put on lipstick if you have terrible morning sickness or be afraid to put your hair in a bun if you're feeling nauseous.
- The best way that you can feel stylish while pregnant is to appreciate the bulge. Remind yourself of the reason you are carrying around the extra pounds. Having a baby is exciting! Try to remember the miracle that being pregnant is, rather than agonizing over what is happening to your body.
Unfortunately with the way the economy is, it seems harder than ever to stretch the clothing budget. There are ways that ...
The best jeans have a perfect fit that flatters your specific body type. Once you've determined the best cut of jean, ...
Formal wear can be tricky for you as a plus-sized teenager, but stick with these tips, and you're sure to come out with ...