Buying Clothes on a Limited Budget
With the tough economic times and the high cost of clothes, sometimes it may feel like the clothing budget just keeps getting smaller. Not to worry! With some perseverance you can have yourself and your family looking fabulous. Here are some ways to help you with your clothing budget:
- Inventory. Before starting to shop take the time to make an inventory of what you have and what you need. This is a great time to go through all the clothes and set aside the ones that are simply not being worn or are too small.
- Make a list. Now make a list of all the clothes that you want. Go back through the list and mark what is necessary.
- Window shop. Go to several of your favorite stores and see what the look is for the year. You can also window shop through catalogs.
- Research. Go through the newspaper ads and see what stores are having sales. Pay particular attention to what is on sale and the prices. Ask your friends and family if they know of any places that are having great sales.
- Accessories. Accessories are what finish a look; they are what make the final statement you are looking for. With accessories that you may have on hand you can create a new look, or purchase some new accessories that will enhance what you have.
- Redo. Give old clothes a new look. Using your imagination you can create a new look with old clothes by doing simple things. For instance, change the buttons on a sweater or blouse from simple to extraordinary (just be sure to purchase buttons that will go through the button holes. Another example is to take a skirt that is too short and add ruffles.
- Thrift stores and flea markets. You can find some really good deals at thrift stores and flea markets. Just be careful to look the clothes over for stains and holes that maybe on the clothes.
- Sell. The clothes that you took out of your closet take them to a consignment shop or have a yard sale. With the proceeds from the sale of your old clothes you can purchase some new ones.
- Swap. Trade clothes with your friends. This is a great way to expand your wardrobe.
Don't forget that there are some things that you can do that won't break your clothing budget. Like taking time to smile, a smile shows confidence in yourself and enhances your look.
Formal wear can be tricky for you as a plus-sized teenager, but stick with these tips, and you're sure to come out with ...
Feeling out what's appropriate for what occasion is a heavy responsibility and sometimes very difficult. To hopefully ...
Trying to find the right pair of sunglasses can be frustrating, especially if you are not sure what you are looking for. ...