Choosing the Right Formal Dresses
Are you looking forward to a formal event? If so, you might have a lot of things to think about, like how you plan to do you hair and what shoes to wear. Of course, one of the biggest questions you may ask is how should you go about picking out your formal dress for the event.
Whether you are involved in a wedding, prom or another dance, a dinner, or another formal event, you definitely want to look your best. When getting ready to look for the perfect dress, it is important to understand that not all dresses will be equally flattering on your body. In fact, there are a variety of dress styles for you to choose from, and each type of dress is designed to look especially great on certain body shapes and heights.
As you search for the perfect formal dress, remember these guidelines for choosing a great dress:
- If you have a slender body, you may want to pick a dress that better accentuates curves. Choosing a dress that is a bit fuller in the skirt can help add shape. You may want a dress that draws attention to your sleek silhouette.
- If you are curvy, a fitted corset top with a ball gown style skirt can be quite flattering. You might want to flaunt your curves or hide them, so choose a dress accordingly. If you want to emphasize curves, wear a more fitted dress, like a sheath style. To hide curves, an a-line or large, poofy skirt can do the job.
- If you are short or petite, you may want a dress that helps you to appear taller. Pick a shorter dress or one that is long and fitted to create the illusion of height. Also, an asymmetric hemline can be flattering to your body type.
- If you are tall, consider choosing a dress that will show off long legs or has a lovely, flowing skirt.
- Pick a dress color that suits your skin tone and hair color as well as any accessories you might use. Wearing a certain color can help bring out your best features, so try different colors and see which suits you best.
- Also take necklines into consideration. Some necklines accentuate shoulders, arms, chest, back, or neck. Try different styles to figure out what works best with your body and the dress as a whole.
Attending a formal event can be a great experience, and if you pick the right dress for your body you will feel more confident than ever.
Leave your own comment:
Comments for this tip:
There are currently no comments for this tip. (Be the first to leave your comment—just use the simple form above!)