Many women opt to have cosmetic surgery for various reasons. There are, however, men who decide to have cosmetic surgeries as well. In fact, more men than ever are choosing to change their bodies through surgery. Although the amount of women who undergo cosmetic procedures still outnumber men, many men these days have discovered cosmetic surgery and the amount of men who have them is on the rise.
Many women have issues with their bodies, but it isn't as often that you hear about men who want to change their appearances as well. It is, however, fairly common, and the number of cosmetic procedures performed on men is increasing.
There are many popular procedures for men who wish to have cosmetic surgery. Here are a few of these procedures:
- Liposuction. This popular cosmetic procedure involves removing unwanted fat from various parts of the body with suctioning. The stomach is one place where this surgery is commonly performed. Depending on the area where the liposuction is done and its size, patients usually fully recover form this procedure after a few weeks.
- Facelifts. Some men are concerned about wrinkles and a drooping face. To improve this, they can opt for a facelift to make the skin tighter. Most facelift patients are ready to return to work after about two weeks.
- Nose work. Changing the look, shape or size of the nose is another cosmetic surgery that more men are doing. This surgery is more invasive and often takes time to recover from.
- Hair Transplants. Many men are concerned about losing their hair as they get older. Some decide to get a hair transplant to restore hair to its former fullness. Hair follicles are transplanted from other places on the head and relocated to the balding area. Most patients feel comfortable going out in public about a week after the transplant.
- Eyelid work. Some men get eyelids that droop or look tired. There are procedures that can be done to make eyes look more open and alert.
- Non-Surgical Procedures. There are several other cosmetic procedures that are not as invasive and do not require surgery to change your appearance. These procedures include laser hair removal, botox injections, skin resurfacing, microdermabrasion, and chemical peels.
Men who are interested in cosmetic surgery should do careful research when choosing a doctor and a procedure that is right for them. Any type of surgery can be hard on the body and so health should be taken into consideration. Do the benefits of the procedure outweigh the risks? It is important to discuss the procedure and any possible complications with your doctor before the surgery.
An English student who enjoys writing and art, Karen has had her poetry published in her university's literary journal and has several novels in the works. Learn more about Karen...
Have you ever needed to open a bottle of wine only to find that you didn't have a corkscrew or foil cutter? Be prepared ...
When it comes to a morning beverage, nothing beats a mug of fresh, delicious coffee. Coffee beans that are freshly ground ...
Computer Cleaning Software
If your computer is running slow, there may be a problem. Computer cleaning software can help you tidy up your computer ...
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
For some, certain facial features seem unsightly and distracting. If an area of your face is unsatisfactory to you, you ...
Is It Time for Cosmetic Plastic Surgery?
You may have wondered if it is time for you to receive plastic surgery. It's a big decision, but here are a few things ...
Choosing a Plastic Surgery Clinic
When seeking a plastic surgery clinic it is important to seek proper certifications. It is a good idea to ask to speak to ...