Wardrobe Essentials for Women
To have a fully functional wardrobe, you need to have some classic clothing. Classic clothes are clothes that seem like they never go out of style; they always seem to be popular. You see the best-dressed women wearing classics all the time. The great thing about classic clothes is that they can be dressed up for more formal occasions or dressed down for the more casual occasion.
You want to choose your clothes carefully. Classic clothes last a very long time, especially if they are made out of quality workmanship and fabric. Part of the reason they last so long is that they never go out of style.
There are ten basic items of clothing that every wardrobe should have:
- White Shirt. This would be a basic white shirt made of cotton that buttons down the front. This shirt is very versatile and will go well with most anything in your wardrobe closet. Pair your shirt with pants or a skirt. Cover the shirt if you want with a blazer, sweater, or a vest. The shirt can be dressed up with accessories like a silk scarf or a strand of pearls, or for a more casual look just tuck the shirt into a pair of jeans.
- Form-Fitting T-Shirt. To get the most out of the form-fitting t-shirt stay away from anything printed on the t-shirt. (This means no logos or cute sayings.) If you are just starting to get your basic wardrobe started then you will want to stay with a white fitted t-shirt. This will give you more choices as to what you can wear this shirt with. You can wear this t-shirt with a jacket. It would be a great look for a meeting, or to work with a jacket on, but is to casual of a look for work without a jacket. When wearing jeans for very casual events (like going to the park) you won't need to wear a jacket with the t-shirt.
- Dark Straight-Leg Pants. For a style that can take you from the office to an evening out to a casual weekend you will want a pair of dark straight-legged pants. The look you get will be determined with what you pair up with the pants. For instance, if you are going out for the night, just add a dressier blouse and pair of shoes and you will be ready. When going for the casual look of day, wear flats and add a sweater.
- Jeans. With jeans you want to have a simple straight-legged pair in your wardrobe. These jeans will get you through most of your casual events. For a dressier event you can pair your jeans with a dressy shirt or blouse.
- Single Breasted Jacket. This is an essential part of having a classic wardrobe. This one item will go with any of your pants, jeans, or skirts. You want to have one that is dark and will go with your dark pants. This jacket will instantly upgrade your look.
- Skirt. Stay with a knee-length skirt. It doesn't matter if the skirt is A-line, wrap, or just a straight skirt, you still want the skirt to be knee-length. Knee-length skirts are acceptable most anywhere.
- Evening Dress. This can be your little black dress that can be dressed up, or another dress that is appropriate (both fabric and style) for the evening. This would be the dress that you would wear to cocktail parties, to the theater, or to a semi-formal dinner.
- Day Dress. The day dress should be a simple style. This dress can be dressed up by wearing heels and adding jewelry. For a more casual look try wearing flats and a trendy jacket.
- Coat. Go for a trench coat. This coat will get you through three out of four seasons. If you have a zip-out liner you can wear it on the cooler nights.
- Walking Shorts. These shorts are not short shorts or cut-offs. The walking shorts should come within just a few inches of the knee. Go for a neutral color pair of shorts. Wear for casual look only.
Choosing an Easter dress entails more than simply buying or making the dress. No Easter dress is complete without ...
Formal wear can be tricky for you as a plus-sized teenager, but stick with these tips, and you're sure to come out with ...
Panty lines have the capability to ruin an outfit, so how do you insure that does not happen? The solution lies in ...