When your skin gets too much sun and accumulates dead skin cells, the skin pigmentation becomes uneven. The uneven skin tone can be embarrassing. To get rid of this problem and to help even out the skin tone so that it has a flawless look, just use some of these tips and your skin will be looking great once again.
- Exfoliate. By exfoliating your skin you remove layers of dead skin cells. This process only removes the dead skin cells, leaving the healthy skin cells. You will want to exfoliate at least once a week.
- Moisturize. This is an important step in helping your skin tone to even out. By applying moisturizer you are hydrating your skin helping to keep it smooth. Also, it will help to prevent dry flaky skin as well as prevent wrinkles. When purchasing your moisturizer look for one that has both Vitamin E as well as antioxidants.
- Makeup. As you try to even out the skin tone applying foundation is one of the most key parts to achieving an even skin tone. This step is also a little tricky. You need to get the color right or you can be emphasizing instead of blending the skin tone.
There are some tricks that you can use to help with the makeup. You want you're your skin to have a healthier look, using these tricks will help accomplish your goal.
- Concealer. Use a concealer before applying any foundation. The concealer will help to minimize the different colors of skin tone. Apply only a small amount; it goes a long way. When choosing a concealer try to match the color of your jaw-line. Avoid going too dark which will give your face shadows, and going too light can make you appear with a ghostly appearance.
- Foundation. By using the right type of foundation you will be able to cover up areas of the skin that are uneven, along with blemishes and imperfections. Choose the color of the foundation the same way that you did when choosing your concealer. However, you can use two different shades of foundation, one that is darker and matches the darker pigmentation of the skin and then one that is just a shade lighter for the lighter skin tones. Use a damp sponge and blend the two shades together.
To finish off the look, don't forget to use blush and powder. If your skin tone is of a lighter shade then use soft colors, and for darker skin tones use colors that are brighter.
Using these simple tricks your skin should appear more even and have a healthy glow.
You've enjoyed feeling the warm sun on your skin, but now you have the sun spots to show for all those years enjoying the ...
Exfoliation—the removal of dead cells from the topmost layer of your skin—is all the rage at spas and ...
Pimples seem to show up at the most inconvenient times, and it is a problem that occurs over the world, whether you're an ...