Caring for Your Skin Type
Caring for your skin is important, but it can also be tricky. Sometimes it seems like even though you go through a lot to keep your skin healthy, your efforts don't bring about the desired results.
The problem might be simpler than you think: it could have to do with your skin type. You might not be caring for your skin according to what type of skin you have, and this can make a big difference when it comes to your skin's health and appearance.
There are five basic skin types: normal, sensitive, oily, dry, and combination. Which kind you have can impact how you should treat and care for your skin to get the best results.
If you want to care for your specific skin type, here are some ideas that may help you:
- Normal. People with this skin type are fortunate because they don't need to worry as much about following a specific beauty routine. A simple wash morning and night with pretty much any kind of soap should be enough to maintain your skin, but occasional exfoliation can be a good idea.
- Sensitive. If you have sensitive skin, it is likely that your skin gets irritated easily. It may even be painful to use certain beauty products on your delicate skin. If this is the case for you, your best choice is to seek out products that are gentle and state that they are for sensitive skin.
- Oily. Oily skin can be difficult to deal with, since the excess oil can cause acne breakouts and may attract more dirt to your skin. You will need to be careful how you care for this skin type because too much washing and scrubbing can potentially dry the skin or even cause more oiliness. Astringent can help remove greasy film from the face, and you can find moisturizers, creams, and face washes formulated specifically for oily skin.
- Dry. The key to helping dry skin is to moisturize. During your daily beauty routine, be sure that you are using a good lotion and moisturizer to help replenish your skin with the moisture it craves. This can help reduce that dry, flaky look on your skin.
- Combination. This skin type is dry in some places and oily in others. A good way to treat this skin type is to use astringent on the areas that tend to be oily and moisturize a little more on the dry parts. Look for cleansing products that state they are for combination skin.
With these skin care ideas, you will be able to figure out the right skin care routine for your skin type.
An English student who enjoys writing and art, Karen has had her poetry published in her university's literary journal and has several novels in the works. Learn more about Karen...
We spend a lot of time in the kitchen area each day. It is vital that this room is kept clean by using the proper kitchen ...
Sometimes, it is necessary to store a car or other vehicle. To ready your car for storage, there are several things you ...
Washing your car at home only requires a few tools and a little time. Save money by taking care of this job yourself, and ...
Pimples seem to show up at the most inconvenient times, and it is a problem that occurs over the world, whether you're an ...
Oily Skin Care
Oily skin requires special care, and there are several natural remedies that can help make it its most beautiful. Here ...
Want smoother, healthier-looking skin? Some people think you can achieve it with microdermabrasion treatments.