Eye Makeup for Evening Wear
After a long day at work, I am often ready for a night on the town. I usually change out of my work clothes, so it would make sense to change my makeup too. Sometimes neutral colors and a natural look are a better fit for the office than they are for a party. Here are some tips to help your even eye wear look glamorous without looking like stage makeup:
- Make sure that your face is clean. It is best to remove all makeup from earlier in the day. If you don't, your new makeup may mix with your old makeup and not look as good.
- Sometimes after a long day I look tired. If you have dark circles under your eyes, use your fingers to dab and rub in concealer underneath your eyes.
- Apply a primer to your eyelids, so your eye shadow stays looking smooth throughout the night.
- Apply eyeliner. Evening is a great time to use darker eyeliner than you are used to or even a different color, like purple. Line both your upper and lower eyelids. If you prefer to not use eyeliner, you can apply a dark-colored eye shadow with a slanted brush instead. To get a smoky look for your eyeliner, apply liberally and then gently smudge it so it's not in a perfect line. You can use a brush or a cotton swab to smudge it.
- Use a light, shimmery shadow to brighten your eyes, so you don't look tired. Apply it lightly underneath your lower eyelid, underneath your eyebrows, and in the corners of your eyes. It usually looks best to apply most of it on the outer parts of your eyebrows.
- Next, apply your eye shadow. You can wear darker, bolder colors of eye shadow in the evening. Try a purple, a teal, a dark brown, or even a black. Use an eye shadow pallatte that has three similar shades in a light, medium, and dark version. Apply the darkest shade of eye shadow to the crease of your eyes, the medium shade to your eyelids, and the lightest shade to above the eye up to your eyebrow. Make sure that you blend these shadows together because you do not want three distinct lines of color on your eye.
- Curl your eyelashes, and then apply mascara.
After these steps, all you need to do is fix your hair and change your clothes and you are ready for your evening out.
Is there a way to look fabulous without your own personal makeup artist? With a few simple steps and following the basic ...
As you age, your face shows it. Get the rundown on various eye creams, and be prepared to combat unwanted fine lines and ...
Permanent eye makeup, while supposedly "convenient," costs more (both financially and otherwise) than it's worth. It ...