Perfume can be expensive, so you probably want to conserve it whenever possible. Unfortunately, though, some perfume scents seem to fade too quickly, going away after only a short time. You may be tempted to spray on more than usual to compensate, which can be both overpowering and ultimately a waste of perfume. It can become a bit frustrating when the perfume you spray on is gone after just an hour or so.
What can be done to keep perfume smelling great for a long period of time? It might seem as though nothing will help, but there actually are things you can try to better preserve the smell of perfume on your skin.
To make the scent of perfume last longer, try these ideas:
- There are different scents that differ in strength. For example, a perfume is going to be the strongest and therefore you will need less of it. If you are using something like body splash, you will need to apply a lot more for the scent to be noticeable. Try different amounts to see what works for you and your skin, but be careful not to overdo it.
- Apply perfume or body spray to clean, healthy skin for best results. It helps if the skin is well-moisturized because the perfume will not stick as well to dry skin. Use lotion or a moisturizer before spraying on perfume.
- Remember that the body has pulse points that, if sprayed with perfume, will better emit the scent. In these spots, blood flow warms the perfume and causes the smell to be stronger. Use this to your advantage. Spraying perfume on your chest, behind your ears, or on your wrists, for example, can help the scent last.
- Using lotions that are the same as or a similar fragrance to your perfume can extend the life of the scent. The store where you purchased your perfume might also have the same smell in lotion form. If so, apply the lotion before spraying on the perfume, and the scent will be more powerful and last longer. Take the lotion with you and reapply as needed during the day for a touch-up.
- Spray the perfume on other surfaces other than your skin. A spritz on your hair or clothing can hold the scent and keep the smell stronger for a longer amount of time than on your skin alone.
- Perfumes with oil instead of alcohol will not evaporate as quickly and will last longer. Do not spray oily perfumes onto your clothes, however, or they could become damaged.
Your perfume can last for hours if you take care to apply it correctly.
While we cannot control the people around us who choose to use heavy perfumes and perfumed products, we can prepare ...
Perfume can be a great and thoughtful gift, but you do need to be careful. Here's how to give perfume as a gift and have ...
Designer fragrances are expensive because they are unique, and use the highest quality ingredients. You should pay more ...