Eye Makeup for Work
Makeup can really change the way you look and help you feel better about yourself. Eyes are naturally beautiful and tell a lot about a person, so your eye makeup should be the most important of your makeup routine. However, the makeup that you usually wear to a party or a concert may look great, but it might not be appropriate for work. At least in most job settings, it is best for you to have a more natural look on your eyes. Here are some simple tips to help you look nice but still appropriate for work:
- First, make sure that your face is clean and moisturized. Taking care of your face will make the rest of your makeup look better.
- Before you start your eye makeup, apply foundation, concealer, or powder as needed. If you have bags or dark circles under your eyes, apply and rub in concealer using your fingers.
- Apply a primer to your eyelids to prevent creasing and so your eye shadow will stay throughout the day.
- You can choose to either wear eye shadow or not wear it during the day. It depends on your preference. If you do choose to wear eye shadow, use neutral colors, like brown. Do not try to match your eye makeup to your clothes—that is out of style and may look tacky. Instead, use colors that complement your hair color, eye color, and skin tone.
- After you have applied your eye shadow, use eyeliner. For a more natural look, use brown eyeliner. For a softer line, apply dark eye shadow with a slanted brush instead of using eyeliner. Another way to make eyeliner look more natural is to only line your upper lids.
- Your eyelashes are the most important part of your eye makeup. Curl your eyelashes and apply mascara. If you have light hair, consider using a lighter mascara shade, such as brown.
Save your dark and dramatic makeup for when you go out at night, but stick to more natural-looking makeup for work. The best way to figure out what makeup works for you is to experiment. If you need extra help, visit a makeup counter at a department store; a professional should be able to help you learn what makeup is appropriate for work and how to apply it. With just a little time and effort, you can look beautiful at work by enhancing your natural beauty.
Leave your own comment:
Comments for this tip:
There are currently no comments for this tip. (Be the first to leave your comment—just use the simple form above!)