It is important that you choose the correct type and color of makeup, but it is almost as vital that the brushes you use to apply your makeup are right as well. Think of it this way: even if an artist has the finest quality paints, those paints don't do much good if the brushes used to apply them to the canvas are of poor quality or are the wrong shape.
Using the wrong cosmetic brushes can make getting the look you want more difficult, or even impossible. Keep in mind that there are special kinds of brushes for each kind of makeup.
Some people opt to use fingers or sponges to apply makeup, but with certain kinds of makeup the use of a good cosmetic brush can be quite helpful. Brushes allow you get little details with your makeup that you couldn't achieve otherwise.
These are some of the different kinds of cosmetic brushes you can choose from:
- Lip Brush. This brush is used to apply lipstick or liner. Using this brush instead of applying straight from the stick of lipstick allows you to carefully get color around the edges of your lips without going over.
- Concealer Brush. Using a concealer brush is a great way to blend the concealer flawlessly onto your skin and with your foundation.
- Foundation Brush. If foundation is blended into skin with the fingers, it is easier to miss spots and not get a perfectly blended effect. With the help of a foundation brush, foundation can be perfectly blended onto skin with minimal mistakes.
- Eyeshadow and Eyeliner Brush. Eyeshadow brushes come in different sizes. These brushes are used to apply color to the eyelid. An eyeliner brush is used to paint liquid eyeliner around the eyes, and should be quite small. Applying liner with a brush has some great advantages because it allows you to draw lines that are very thin or thick with more control than a normal liner pencil.
- Powder Brush. Using this brush, finish off your look by gently dusting your face with powder.
- Blush Brush. To add life and color to your face, use a brush to apply blush to the apples of your cheeks. Using a brush gives the blush a more blended-in look.
Your makeup will have a more blended, natural look if you use the correct blushes to apply it.
Leave your own comment:
Comments for this tip:
There are currently no comments for this tip. (Be the first to leave your comment—just use the simple form above!)