As a woman matures and those fine lines start to appear, it may be time to rethink how you are applying and using your makeup. Using age-defying makeup can help to hide some of those fine lines and wrinkles that seem to appear as we age.
While most cosmetics help to subtract the years when they are applied correctly, cosmetics can have the opposite effect if a woman wears the wrong type of makeup or applies it incorrectly.
Age-defying makeup can help with the look that you want and there are some products that back up their claim of helping to take years off a woman's look. However, if any makeup is applied wrong you can actually add years to your look and even appear looking like a crazy old woman who is trying out for the circus. Some women are actually clueless when it comes to wearing makeup and making changes that will help enhance their natural beauty. If people are mistaking you for older than you really are, you may be stuck in the past. There are some clues to use if you think that you are stuck in the past.
- Using a concealer from a stick. Concealers from a stick will give an appearance of looking chalky and the concealer has a tendency to cake on older women.
- Wearing sparkling makeup. On older woman the sparkling makeup looks like they are dressing up for Halloween. Sparkling makeup emphasizes the lines on an older woman's face.
- Using oil-free foundation. Without oil in the foundation, the foundation will settle into the lines on the face. The right foundation helps to even out the skin tone and cover up blotchy skin that seems to appear as a woman ages. When applying foundation stay with the shade that matches your skin tone with a slightly yellow undertone. This helps to cover up the blotchy looking skin which gives a natural finish.
- Using black eyeliner. When a woman's eyes start to age they need definition, but black eyeliner is too harsh on older woman. As a woman matures a softer look helps to keep a woman looking younger. A brown-black or brown eyeliner can still give some emphasis on the eyes and still give a softer look.
- Too-thin eyebrows. Some women, as they get older, have a tendency to over-pluck their eyebrows. Eyebrows are essential and help to achieve a younger look.
- Lip pencil. Wearing a lip liner or pencil is tricky. If you are wearing a pencil that is darker than your lipstick this is a definite sign that your makeup is in the past. As woman age their lips get thinner. It is best to stick to a color that is the same color as your lipstick or even a shade lighter.
Using some of these beauty tips you will find that you are not emphasizing your age, which will help you to look years younger.
Deb has a communications degree and applies her talents to her position as Marketing Specialist at Sharon Parq Associates. In her spare time she spends time with her children and grandchildren and devotes time to her church. Learn more about Debra...
Organizing Small Kitchen Appliances
Small kitchen appliances don't have to take over your kitchen. With a little bit of organizing and creativity you can ...
Full sun perennials are a great investment for any gardener. Find out how easy it is to plant a full sun perennial garden.
How to Find the Right Men's Shoes
Wearing the wrong type of shoes is a fashion mistake that just doesn't need to happen. Find out how easy it is to match ...
Teen Makeup Styles
The best teen makeup style is one that lends a natural look after the makeup is applied. Choose quality products that ...
Summer Makeup Tips
Most women leave the house every day with at least one cosmetic applied to their faces. Whether you wear a little or a ...
Is Age-Defying Makeup Different?
Before buying expensive anti-aging creams and age-defying makeup, perform a little research and determine if the product ...