Finding a Plastic Surgery Doctor
Getting plastic surgery is a big decision. Not only does it place a heavy burden on your wallet, but it also involves many risks. One way of lessening those risks is to find a good plastic surgery doctor. Some factors to look for in plastic surgery doctors are certification, education, experience, reputation, and cost:
- Certification: Is the surgeon certified with the American Board of Plastic Surgery? Many certifications exist, but this is the most legitimate.
- Education: Did the doctor receive a medical school degree? Where? Did the doctor have a plastic surgery residency?
- Experience: How long has a surgeon been practicing? How long has a doctor been a plastic surgeon? In reality, any licensed doctor can legally call himself or herself a plastic surgeon and practice plastic surgery. How much experience does the doctor really have in the plastic surgery field? How many times has a surgeon operated on the body part that you are wanting work done on? Just because a plastic surgery doctor is well known for his or her rhinoplasties does not mean that he or she has the same skills when it comes to breast augmentation.
- Reputation: Do you have any friends that have had plastic surgery on the same body part that you are wanting work done on? What were the results of the surgery? Knowing someone that was unhappy with the results of his or her surgery is a sure sign to not choose that specific doctor. Once you have found some surgeons you think you are interested in, research them online. Use a search engine like Google to see if any reviews come up about them. If you see any horror stories associated with their names, look for a different surgeon.
- Cost: As most services go, the price of plastic surgery varies from place to place. This price is largely dependent on the surgeon. It is not wise to pick a surgeon based merely on price. The adage "you get what you pay for," does apply somewhat, but it should not be the only factor. Some of the most expensive plastic surgery doctors are not necessarily the best ones. Let experience and reputation be your biggest deciding factors.
Do your research before you get plastic surgery done. You will end up paying the consequences if you settle for a plastic surgery doctor who does not do a good job.
While the actual season of winter may not be a general favorite, those with the winter color palette remind us what ...
Body types can be confusing, but they are actually very straightforward. There are three main types: the Endomorph, the ...
Wondering how to show off your body's best features? Learn what body type you are and dress accordingly to help your ...