Zits, pimples, blemishes—whatever you call them they seem to become the bane of our existence from the minute that we entered our teenage years. There are many medications out there that seem to promise instant results, but do they really work? The answer is both yes and no. They may work, but not for everyone, and not instantly. All medications take some time to take effect, and not all medications work for all people which is why there are so many different kinds on the market. Here are some simple, step-by-step home remedies that you can use to take care of your pesky pimples.
- Try drinking lots of water. The more your keep yourself hydrated, the more that your body is able to remove the dirt and other impurities on your skin through your sweat. This is your body's natural "waste management" system after all, and it does need to be properly lubricated.
- Reduce the level of stress in your life. Since stressing out tends to make your body chemistry go slightly out of whack, it makes your skin more oily and thereby making your face and body a magnet for all that dirt and grime that can cause blemishes. One good way to do this is to make sure that you are getting a proper amount of sleep.
- Hair can hold onto dirt, grime, and other skin contaminants that lead to acne breakouts. If you want to keep long hair, ensure that your bangs are kept off of your forehead, or that at the very least you are washing your hair on a nightly or daily basis.
- Bacteria that gets lodged in the pores of your skin is another of the causes of zits. Reducing that amount of bacteria is not a difficult task. Use cleansers that are made of anti-bacterial materials such as alcohol, benzoyl peroxide and other such agents to clean your face.
- Use gentle cleansers that have exfoliating agents in them. This helps to remove the dead cells that also lead to acne break outs. Do not over exfoliate though, since this can also lead to an increase of acne breakouts, so in order to keep that from happening be sure that you pat dry as opposed to rubbing, to avoid irritating the fresh skin that you have just brought to the fore.
Doris is a jack of all trades, writing on a variety of topics. Her articles have helped enlighten and entertain thousands over the years. Learn more about Doris...
Healthy Halloween Treats for Pets
Halloween is an exciting holiday for children and results in mounds of candy for all of those children! However, the ...
Saving Energy when Washing Clothes
Energy is something to think about in today's world and it also concerns your bank account. Be conscious of the energy ...
The Papillon is known for the butterfly-like appearance of his ears. He is a happy and friendly dog, making him a great ...
Getting Rid of Rough, Dry Skin
Many of us have had to deal with rough, dry skin. With just a few steps, you can help your skin stay soft and smooth.
Beauty Tips for the Bride
The big day has finally arrived and you want to look picture-perfect all day long. It is easy if you just follow these ...
Treating Sun Spots
You've enjoyed feeling the warm sun on your skin, but now you have the sun spots to show for all those years enjoying the ...