Choosing the Best Eyeglass Frames
Eyeglasses have come a long way from being an item utilized solely for improving eyesight. For many people they are now considered a major fashion statement. Like anything with fashion, there are some simple guidelines that anyone can follow to maximize the look they would like to go for. These are guidelines, and as such may be slightly different for everyone, so be sure to keep this in mind as you apply these to your next purchase of eyeglasses.
- Facial structure is important. Generally speaking, if you are an individual whom has a more rounded face you want to utilize more angular frames. Contrariwise, if you are an individual who was graced with a more angular face, take advantage of frames that are more rounded, or softer in appearance. Those with a more oblong—or oval—face can use either angular or rounded frames, where those whom have a heart shaped face need to stick with a frame that appears to be light in some way (such as rimless, or wire, frames).
- Projected activity level is also important, as frames can take a lot of abuse based on the activities in which you engage. Those individuals who are more physical in their daily lives should avoid fragile frames that can easily break. Such items as spring hinges, break-resistant frames, and shatterproof lenses are just a few of the options such individuals are likely to want included on their eyeglass purchase.
- Lens and frame material can make or break how a specific style looks on a given individual. As noted above, an individual who has a more triangular or heart-shaped face will want to stay with lighter frame styles. One example of such an individual is Lisa Loeb who, having a cross between an oval and heart-shaped face, chooses to stay with more angular, lighter-framed glasses.
- Comfort must also be taken into consideration, as well. What purpose are glasses that, while looking good, cannot be worn due to the pain that comes from wearing them? Ensure that whatever glasses you choose are comfortable since you are going to be wearing them constantly for a minimum of one year.
- Get a second opinion for whatever style you choose. Before making your final selection, have someone whose taste in style you trust go with you to give you their input. This ensures that the style you have chosen actually gives the impact you are looking to make.
You've been embarrassed before, and you've blushed before. If blushing in itself is embarrassing for you, or if you just ...
Chemical peels use acids to retexture the facial skin. Desired results include removal of small scars or fine lines ...
Face moisturizer is a crucial component of any skin care regimen. Learn more about moisturizer, what to use, and how to ...