Having Great Hair Days
Tired of having bad hair days, or do you feel like you have more bad hair days than good? Just follow three simple rules and apply some great tips and you are on your way to having some fabulous-looking hair and you can say good-bye to bad hair days.
Start Your Haircare In the Shower
Styling your hair begins in the shower or when you wash it. When you wash your hair your shampoo and conditioner cleanse and moisturize your hair, while also preparing your hair for styling. Buy the shampoo and conditioner that is formulated for your type of hair. There are four basic types of shampoo and conditioner for your hair.
- Thin and Fine. With hair that is thin and fine you want to look for a product that will plump the hair shaft. The product will give the look of having fuller, thicker hair.
- Heat-Styled Hair. If you use any of the different types of styling products that puts heat on your hair you will want to use a hair product that helps protect your hair and hydrates it at the same time. This type of product is infused with thermal-protective serums.
- Dry and Frizzy. If your hair is dry and frizzy you will want to use formulas that contains extra conditioners and silicones that moisturize hair and fights fuzz at the same time.
- Color Treated. After spending your money to get your hair colored you want to protect that investment. Do this by using a color-protecting product that also has moisture-boosting properties.
Use the Right Type of Styling Combs and Hairbrush
There are a variety of different combs and brushes you can use to style your hair. If you are using an old brush chances are that at least some of the bristles are broken. This leaves sharp edges on your brush. The sharp edges can actually shred your hair and scratch the scalp, leaving you with damaged hair.
It is not unusual to use more than one type of brush. There are three basic types of brushes that work great when it comes to styling your hair, and only one type of comb should be used on wet hair.
- Cushion Brush with Tounded-Tip Bristles. Use this type of brush on dry hair or wet hair if you are going to style your wet hair.
- Round Wooden Brush with Natural Bristles. This type of brush works great when you want to smooth and straighten hair that is coarse and curly.
- Round Ceramic Brush. If you have fine or medium hair you would want to use this brush to help lock in volume around the crown of your head.
- Wide-Tooth Comb. When your hair is still wet and you need to detangle your hair, after you have used conditioner on your hair then use a wide-tooth comb. Start at the bottom of your hair and work your way up the hair strands.
Be Careful when Using Different Types of Heat on Hair
When applying heat to hair you need to protect it before using any of the heat appliances. One way to protect your hair is to use a thermal protecting spray, serum, or cream.
- Hair Dryer. The small compact hair dryer can cause a lot of damage to your hair. Protect it by waiting until your hair is about 80% dry. Using a hair dryer before this point only removes the moisture in your hair.
- Curling Iron. Before using a curling iron, your hair needs to be completely dry. If you use the curling iron before your hair is dry you are likely to boil your hair which can cause your hair to break.
- Straightening Iron. Use a straightening iron only on dry hair. If you have thin, straight, or wavy hair, pass the iron over each section of hair only once. You will want to keep the iron moving to avoid pressing your hair.
Using the three basic rules your hair will look great.
Leave your own comment:
Comments for this tip:
Alice 16 Jan 2017, 19:58
Typo Cushion brush with TOUNDED Tips (should be Rounded Tips?