Different Types of Foundation for Oily Skin
When it comes to skin types, oily skin can feel like a curse to some women. You know if your skin type is oily because it will regularly appear shiny, heavy, and course. Correcting the situation, though, begins with selecting the right type of foundation. There are approximately eight forms of foundation on the market, but not all of them are appropriate for those with oily skin.
To help keep excess oil at bay, select skincare products with ingredients designed to limit oil production in your face. While there is no cure for oily skin, the following may help in preparing your skin for the application of your foundation and makeup.
- Tea Tree Oil. A natural skincare ingredient that is terrific for oily skin. It has antibacterial qualities that help treat acne and blemishes, as well as control the oily shine that may usually appear.
- Zinc Oxide. Known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, it helps to control excess oil production and reduces that unsightly shine. Look for it in both skincare and makeup products for the extra benefit.
The best foundations to select are those created for your oily skin type. Here are some popular brands that may become one of your new favorites:
- Vincent Longo Water Canvas. It comes in cream-to-powder form. A very light foundation that provides a matte finish. Do not use your fingertips to apply this foundation, but use a sponge with a light touch for an even application.
- MAC Studio Fix. This excellent powder is great for reducing the appearance of your pores. A variety of shades are available, so you should be able to find the right one for you from autumn to summer.
- Philosophy - The Supernatural. A light and non-greasy foundation and it comes with SPF protection. It does not increase the typical oiliness in the forehead and nose areas (commonly called the T-zone.)
- Laura Mercier. A wonderful powder foundation that delivers a perfect matte finish and is long-lasting to boot. It is an ideal foundation to use on oily skin.
- Iman Second to None Oil-Free Makeup. This foundation is from a fabulous line designed for women of color. It provides a clean, matte finish and contains SPF protection. A number of shades are available to match any darker skin color.
Oily skin does not have to deter you from achieving that perfectly made up face. The key is to use products specifically formulated for your skin type. When you choose those specific products, they will help you attain that picture-perfect face.
Leave your own comment:
Comments for this tip:
There are currently no comments for this tip. (Be the first to leave your comment—just use the simple form above!)