Dry Skin Makeup
When I was growing up all of my friends had dry to normal skin. Not me, I had extremely oily skin and had to work to keep the oily shine from overtaking my make up and sliding it right off my face. Now that I'm an adult, I can appreciate the differences in skin types. Good skin care is at the heart of beautiful skin no matter what the skin type. Dry skin has some special needs to address:
- Cleanse. It is important to use a cleanser especially formulated for dry skin. The cleanser should be creamy in nature. It should have an oil base to gently dissolve oils and dirt in the skin. Keeping the pores clean will reduce the chance of acne.
- Clarify. The second step to keeping the pores clear is to use a non-alcohol based astringent. Witch hazel works well to purify the pores from residue left over from make up.
- Mask. Once a week us a non-mud based mask to help exfoliate dead skin cells and bring new cells to the surface. A natural oatmeal mask is gentle enough for dry skin. Dead skin cells left on the surface can leave a dull surface on the skin, it call also cause skin to appear older as foundation will settle in creases caused by dry skin.
- Moisturize. Using an extra emollient lotion or cream will set the surface for applying foundation. Foundation should only be applied after moisturizing.
- Foundation. Select a foundation that has a creamy base Many companies make a cream that fits in a compact, this is convenient for taking along in your purse for mid day touch ups.
- Blush. Use a cream based blush. Powder blushers can cause additional drying.
- Loose Powder. If a matte finish is desired, a light dusting of power is acceptable. A pressed power will be too heavy for dry skin. Use a shade one tone lighter than skin's natural tone as oils will cause the power to darken.
- Eye Shadows. A creamy base covering the entire lip up to the brow bone will give the best result. A power can then be used to fill in the contours.
Proper skin care can produce radiant skin. Selecting products that are non-comedogenic will help prevent clogging pores that can lead to acne. Using proper make up formulated especially for dry skin can accent the beauty of naturally healthy skin.
Leave your own comment:
Comments for this tip:
There are currently no comments for this tip. (Be the first to leave your comment—just use the simple form above!)