Online Clothing Stores
Perhaps you need a new dress shirt for work, and your daughter needs a new pair of shoes for a dance, so you set aside time on Saturday before your golf game to go to the mall to shop for the items. At the last minute, your wife tells you to take the rest of the kids with you so that they can get new soccer shoes, as well as jeans and shirts for school. There's no possible way that you'll have time to complete all of the shopping, and make your tee time. Don't give up! You can shop for all of those things online.
Here are some great tips for shopping in online clothing stores:
- Familiarity. If you usually shop at Sears because you trust their brands, shop at Sears online. Think of the stores you would visit if you were actually going to the store, and then find their site online by typing the name of the store into a search engine. Make sure that you find the genuine store site, and then go shopping.
- Convenience. If you simply cannot wait to have the clothing shipped to you, most major department stores' websites will let you know if the clothing you want is available for store pickup. The convenience of shopping from your home, combined with the possibility of picking up the items the next day, makes online clothing stores very attractive for the consumer.
- Safe. Make sure that you shop from within a secure website. After choosing a site, go to the bottom of the page and look for a link that has anything to do with customer privacy and security. Use sites that state that they use SSL (Secure Socket Layering) technology to encrypt your credit card information that is transmitted from your computer and their servers. If you don't see any type of security for your personal information, then do no shop at the site.
- Size charts. Make sure that you know what size to order. All good online clothing stores will provide size charts on their site. If in doubt of size, take measurements with a cloth tape and match them against the size charts.
- Open twenty-four hours. One of the best advantages of online clothing stores is that they never close. They are open twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, for your shopping convenience.
While shopping in online clothing stores is convenient, there are a few disadvantages. There are no in-person salespeople to help you with recommendations or fit. Most reputable online clothing stores will have a customer service number that you can call, however. Also, make sure that you read the fine print on any online clothing store regarding returns. If you shop online sale items, some stores will not allow returns or exchanges. Before you accept the terms and agreements, make sure that you read everything before clicking the accept button.
Leave your own comment:
Comments for this tip:
There are currently no comments for this tip. (Be the first to leave your comment—just use the simple form above!)