How to Buy Men's Pants
Whether you are buying pants for yourself for the first time or you're a woman buying pants for your boyfriend or husband for the first time, it can seem a bit frightening. There are some simple-to-follow guidelines that can make buying a more pleasant experience.
There are many different choices that can be made when buying pants. Color, fabric, style or cut of the pants, and even how much you are willing to pay can all play into your choice. While the average pair of pants will cost about $40, you can find more expensive ones (over a hundred dollars!) or cheaper ones at about $10.
There are several things that you should consider as you purchase your pants. Here are a few simple guidelines that you should consider in making your decision.
- Style. There are many different styles that can be found. You want to be sure that the style is one that is comfortable and will still give the desired look. Style of pants and what to wear is a personal choice.
- Finishing. Look at how the pants are finished. Be sure to look at the seams and check to see if the seam is sewn straight and even. The stitching on pants should be evenly spaced. Try to look for pants that are sewn with cotton threading. It will last longer and there is more give and take.
- Pockets. Pockets shouldn't have any wrinkles that appear at any of the seams, or in the crotch.
- Fabric. Fabric is more of a personal choice. Whatever you decide on think about where and what time of year you will be wearing the pants when deciding on the fabric.
- Pleats and flat fronts. Usually pleats are considered to be more formal than a flat front. Flat fronts look best with side pockets and are considered to be more casual.
- Color. Grays, blues, and blacks are usually colors that are worn for more formal occasions. Browns and khakis are usually worn for more a casual business and leisure look. Light colors are for the summer and best to keep for informal gatherings.
- Textures. The texture of the pant can also give the perceived notion that the pants should be worn for specific occasions. In general, a rough-texture pant would be seen as informal, while a finished-texture is more formal.
Before buying the pants from the rack, have your husband or boyfriend try them on if possible. Different styles even from the same manufacturer will fit differently. If you aren't able to try them on be sure to find out what the return policy is, just in case you need to return them.
Leave your own comment:
Comments for this tip:
There are currently no comments for this tip. (Be the first to leave your comment—just use the simple form above!)