Cutting Back on Salon Visits and Still Looking Great
Many of us are always searching for ways we can save a little money here and there. You could put off buying something you really want, or maybe you try to drive less often to save on gas money. Whatever you do, you probably make little sacrifices now and then to help keep more money in your wallet for other things.
One area where many people hate to scrimp their money is beauty. Makeup, accessories, clothes, and hair are all things that can be difficult to cut back on.
In particular, taking care of your hair can be both expensive and time-consuming. Getting your hair done at a salon can really add up, but what can you do if you need to maintain your style but don't want to put forth a lot of money and time at the hair salon?
If you are looking to cut back on visits to the salon, try these tips to help you keep your hair looking great for longer:
- Learn to trim your own hair, or get a friend to help you. If you can cut spilt ends off at home, you can wait longer to go back to the salon and save time and money.
- Use a home hair coloring kit if you have dyed hair. It is important that you follow directions closely so that you don't end up with crazy hair, but if you are careful you can save a lot of cash by coloring your hair at home.
- Use shampoo and conditioner that has been made specifically for color-treated hair. These products are formulated to help maintain hair color for a longer time, therefore helping you cut back on salon visits.
- Try getting your hair done at a hair school. Hair schools offer cuts, coloring, and styles at lower rates because these services are done by students. You can save a lot of money by going to a hair school, but be aware that these stylists are still learning and you might not get exactly what you expected.
- If your roots are starting to show on colored hair but you can't afford to go to the salon, try a root touch-up product on your hair. These add color to roots and allow you to extend the amount of time between salon visits.
- Use conditioning treatments on your hair once every week or so. Doing this helps to keep your locks healthy and nourished, even when you can't get to the salon.
You can have great hair without spending a lot. Reduce your salon visits and take care of your hair at home, and you can save a lot of time and money.
Leave your own comment:
Comments for this tip:
There are currently no comments for this tip. (Be the first to leave your comment—just use the simple form above!)